In a press release today, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs' production company "Bad Boy Productions" annnouced that it would be producing a major new entertainment awards show to be carried by a yet-to-be-announced major TV network. The subject of the awards would be a hip mix of topical categories designed to engage a wide number of artists and celebrities from a variety of fields. To illustrate the scope and depth of talent that the awards would attract to the ceremony, a Bad Boy Productions spokesman provided the following list of award categories associated with celebrities who might have won in years past:
- Best abs in a movie or video with halter top -- Britney Spears, Shania Twain, Janet Jackson
- Best sex-related court appearance -- Hugh Grant, R. Kelly, Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
- Best fashion outfit that makes underwear impossible -- Rose McGowan, Jennifer Lopez, Toni Braxton
- Best use of a wedding dress -- Madonna, Dennis Rodman
- Most evocative tattoo -- Tommy Lee, Ozzy Osborne, Christina Aguilera
- Best poparazzi assault -- Tommy Lee, Bruce Willis
- Most original pimp outfit -- Chris Robinson, Ice T, Kid Rock
- Most interesting visible thong strap -- Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera
- Most famous for nothing but being famous -- Kato Kaelen, Paris Hilton, Carmen Electra
- Biggest cradle robber -- Harrison Ford, Michael Douglas, Bill Wyman
The exact date, time, or network presentation of this award show was not available at press time. Bad Boy Productions did express the sentiment that E! Entertainment Network was the logical carrier for the event, provided that a court order barring Joan and Melissa Rivers from being closer than 50 yards to the red carpet was on file.
on 2003-10-28 at 4:51 p.m.
The Wayback Machine - To Infinity And Beyond