I am thankful that...
- ...I still have a job.
- ...even if I lost my job, I would be offered severance pay.
- ...finding another job would probably not be too difficult in this economy.
- ...I have found a true partner and helpmate in Mrs. Geek.
- ...I have family and friends who understand the difference between living well and living extravagantly.
- ...for the simple things in life: beautiful music, good friends, good conversation, delicious food, and excellent wine.
- ...my parents are two people I still love and admire greatly.
- ...my car is paid off.
- ...that I can still function even when I am not wearing glasses or contact lenses.
- ...the floor isn't cold when I wake up in the morning, even during the winter.
- ...Mrs. Geek and I both get along well with our respective in-laws.
- ...we received so many fine pieces of cookware as wedding gifts in the last year.
- ...I live in a "blue" state that is not about to go "red" any time soon.
- ...there are many, many opportunities to experience cuisine, culture, and beauty within a two hour car ride of where I live.
- ...graduate school is something in my past, rather than my present.
- ...Mrs. Geek and I are both happy and relatively healthy.
- ...600 thread count bed sheets.
- ...I finally figured out how to make a good 3 egg ommelette over the weekend (use a good 7-9" nonstick pan, medium heat that just causes butter to bubble, and eggs are warmed to room temperature with hot water.)
- ...I generally have a work day that lets me be home in time for dinner.
- ...I have lost 15+ pounds in the last 7 months.
- ...there is such a thing as chocolate.
on 2005-01-17 at 4:59 p.m.
The Wayback Machine - To Infinity And Beyond