Mrs. Geek and I had series of hopes and aspirations for this year. They were as follows:
- I get a job in a particular area with desirable real estate prices. I move there and stay with relatives.
- Mrs. Geek follows, once the school year is over.
- We look at buying a 2000-3000 square foot Craftsman-style house on a 4000+ square foot lot for somewhere between $200K-300K.
- We discuss having a family when all the dust settles.
I'll call this our Plan A for this year.
Needless to say, Plan A became impossible when I did not find a job in the area with the desirable real estate prices in the last two months. Now we are left with various elements to form different plan B's:
- Plan to stay for a couple more years where we are. Borrow some additional downpayment capital from family members and buy a 1000-1500 square foot townhouse or condo for $400-500K near the area where we currently live.
- Wait six months and begin the job search again, accepting that the time that Mrs. Geek and I would live apart would be more than 4-8 weeks.
- Change jobs inside Company O. to expand contacts in the industry to aid in future job searches.
- Take classes to develop additional marketable skills.
- Start trying to have a family.
- Any combination of all or some of the above.
I call this current state of Plan B flux the attack of the killer B's.
on 2006-05-03 at 2:11 p.m.
The Wayback Machine - To Infinity And Beyond