As this is Ash Wedensday, the first day of the great Lent of the Roman Catholic calendar, I need to find something to abstain from for the next 40 days. Here are some of the likely candidates I've come up with so far:
Hmmm. Yeah. Picking of of those shouldn't be too hard.
- I will stop using the semicolon in everything I write.
- I will stop singing Meatloaf's "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" in the shower every day.
- I will give up my attempts to have my anthology of Thundercats fan fiction published.
- I will cease my efforts to look like Angelina Jolie through cosmetic surgery.
- I will stop trying to develop my own line of tofu-based vegan jerky substitutes.
- I will stop sticking my hands up and hooking the first two fingers of either hand when I want to refer to something as "in quotes".
- I will not send any watercolor or crayon-based self-portraits covered with big hearts to any of the judges of Dancing With The Stars.
- I will give up watching any television shows produced by Aaron Spelling, including re-runs of Charmed where all three sisters are showing their midriffs.
- I will stop huffing liquid paper.
- I WILL CEASE USING LOWER CASE LETTERS.
FYI: Ash Wednesday should not be confused with Hash Wednesday, a holiday celebrated at certain college and university quads on various days of the year with the mass consumption of various cannabinoids. They're completely different festivals. Honest.
on 2006-03-01 at 11:21 a.m.
The Wayback Machine - To Infinity And Beyond